Dexter school bus gets stuck in flooded ditch | News
DEXTER, MO (KFVS)- A Dexter school bus with three students on board got stuck in a flooded ditch Monday morning.
Dexter Superintendent Dr. Thomas Sharp says the bus got stuck on County Road 485 off of Highway 60 near Dudley Monday morning.
"We were worried about the kids on the bus," Robert Corzine, a neighbor, said. "Right after the bus got past the driveway, it hit the ditch."
Neighbors say recent rains flooded the gravel road.
D'Anne Corzine texted a boy on the bus to make sure he was ok.
"After they got him out the bus, he was a lot better," Corzine said. "He was a little bit nervous."
The left, back corner of the bus got stuck.
Three children and a bus driver were on board.
No one was hurt.
The school sent another bus to pick up the children and took them safely to school.
The bus was taken to a shop to get fixed.
Copyright KFVS 2013. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse