Advance man charged with sexual abuse of child | News
ADVANCE, MO (KFVS)- An Advance man has been accused of first degree statutory rape and first degree statutory sodomy involving a child less than 14 years old.
Daniel Keith Dye, 38, was charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy. Bond was set at $20,000 cash only. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 1 in the Stoddard County Justice Center.
According to police with the City of Advance and Bell City Police Departments, the abuse allegedly took place between 2007 and 2012. On Sept. 11, police say the mother of the victim reported to them her child had been molested by Dye.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse