Puxico woman dies after crash on Hwy. 51 | News
PUXICO, MO (KFVS)-
A Puxico woman died after she crashed her 1987 Ford Bronco near Puxico on Tuesday.
Trooper Clark Parrott says it happened on Highway 51 about seven miles north of Puxico near Route K.
Maryann C. Cookson, 53, of Puxico was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:45 p.m. by the Stoddard County coroner.
According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, Cookson was driving northbound on Highway 51 when she overcorrected and traveled off the right side of the road and overturned several times.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse