Dexter man accused of sodomy, child molestation | News
DEXTER, MO (KFVS)- A Dexter man faces several charges after police say he inappropriately touched an 8-year-old girl.
Jerold L. Charles, 60, of Dexter is charged with one count of statutory sodomy 1st degree and four counts of child molestation 1st degree.
Charles is accused of abusing the girl on five different occasions when he gave her a ride on a lawn mower.
When he was interviewed, Charles admitted he inappropriately touched the girl four or five times from March to April 2012, according to court documents.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse