IAFC urges residents to change your clock, change your battery | Health
(KFVS) - The International Association of Fire Chiefs is reminding residents to change their smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries when they change their clocks for Daylight Savings Time.
October is National Fire Prevention Month and the time will change Nov. 4. IAFC is partnering with Energizer in effort to save lives.
According to IAFC, a home without a working smoke detector can be hazardous, even deadly. They say 38 percent of all deadly fire injuries happen in homes without a working smoke detector.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse