Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher | Environment
PUXICO, MO (KFVS) - This bird is called a Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher and is the Oklahoma State Bird.
It is not normally seen this far east but this one was spotted Sunday at Duck Creek State Wildlife Management Area near Puxico in Stoddard County.
He has an unmistakable long forked tail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse