Sheriff: Man arrested after allegedly driving over, killing woman | Crime
CALLOWAY COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - A man is facing murder charges after investigators say he allegedly ran over a woman several times with his vehicle.
According to Sheriff Bill Marcum, James P. Cook, 55, of Mclemoresville, Tennessee was charged with murder and leaving the scene of an accident.
Marcum says deputies got a call around 10:30 Thursday night saying a woman was hit by a vehicle on Wild Cat Drive.
Deputies arrived at the scene and say that Cook was under the influence and was arrested.
According to Marcum, an ambulance responded to the scene and took Desiree Moore, 37, of Puryear, Tenn. to a local hospital where she died.
The sheriff says an investigation revealed that Cook and Moore were in a van together having an argument. Deputies believe that Moore somehow ended up outside of the vehicle and was ran over at least two times.
Marcum says the investigation is continuing.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse