Ladies Auxiliaries, Elks donate to VAlentines for Veterans Concert fund | Community Spirit
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The Poplar Bluff Elks and Dexter American Legion Ladies Auxiliary recently donated to the VAlentines for Veterans Concert fund.
The VAlentines for Veterans Concert will be held Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Black River Coliseum and will feature Aaron Tippin. There is no admission charge as “the price has been paid” by our Veterans.
Local groups such as the Elks, Dexter Ladies Auxiliary Unit 59 and VFW 6477 Ladies Auxiliary provide support to ensure the concert can be held.
Shown above is Eual Hayes of the Elks, presenting a check to Acting Chief of Voluntary Service Donna Reynolds.
In the second picture is Reynolds accepting the check from Dee Wamble, American Legion Ladies Auxiliary.
The third picture features Rhonda Hardin (left), president of the ladies auxiliary and Pam DeLuna, secretary, presenting a check to Reynolds.
Anyone interested in volunteering or making donations to the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center may contact the Voluntary Service office at 573-778-4276 or 573-778-4275.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Stoddard County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse