Three Rivers Patrons of the Arts announces 2012-13 season | Community Spirit
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The Three Rivers College Patrons of the Arts Society announced its 2012-2013 season, which will include Irish dance and ballet, a pop tribute and an acoustic trio and two children’s shows.
All shows will be performed at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center on the Three Rivers main campus in Poplar Bluff. Because of the support of donors to the Patrons of the Arts Society, ticket price for each show will remain at $10.
“This is an outstanding lineup of performances that will appeal to a wide variety of tastes,” said Robert Cook, Director of the Tinnin Fine Arts Center. “And with tickets just $10, people can afford to see the shows they know they will love and to try something new.”
The Patrons of the Arts 2012-2013 season will include the following performances. For more information on the performances, visit trcc.edu/tinnin.
- ABBAmania, 7 p.m. Oct. 27. ABBAmania is a touring tribute show that recreates a concert of ABBA, the iconic disco band of the ‘70s whose hits included “Dancing Queen,” “Take a Chance on Me,” “Waterloo,” and “Mama Mia.” The show features 12 musicians and singers, 21 ABBA hits, authentic costumes, exciting choreography, and big studio sound. Sponsored by the Patrons of the Arts Society.
- The Chenille Sisters, 7 p.m. Nov. 30. The Chenille Sisters are an acoustic trio that connects with audiences through witty wisdom, heavenly voices and exquisite harmonies. Baladeer Cheryl Dawdy, vocal performer Grace Morand, and guitarist/singer Connie Huber have performed together for 27 years in venues from folk festivals to “A Prairie Home Companion” radio show. Sponsored by Dental Arts Group, Kathy Wolpers Sanders and Emily Kinder Wolpers.
- A Gnome for Christmas, 7 p.m. Dec. 1. “A Gnome for Christmas” is a warm-hearted holiday musical from the Imaginary Theater Company, an ensemble of The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis that specializes in performances for young people. Inspired by a Scandinavian folktale, “A Gnome for Christmas” is the tale of Lulu, a girl who meets an ancient, magical gnome and learns the importance of helping others. Recommended for all ages and family audiences. Sponsored by Kissinger & Kirkman Investment Centre.
- Celtic Nights, 7 p.m. Feb. 28. The cast of Celtic Nights features six of Ireland’s most accomplished dancers and six of its finest singers. The show is 2.5 hours of lively Irish folk tunes, compelling story telling, and a hypnotic fury of dancing feet. With inspiration drawn from the history and folklore of Ireland, Celtic Nights celebrates the music, thundering dance, and pulse-raising rhythms of the Emerald Isle. Sponsored by the Patrons of the Arts Society.
- Hansel and Gretel: The Next Generation, 7 p.m. March 2. “Hansel and Gretel: The Next Generation” updates the Brothers Grimm fairy tale into a musical comedy, recommended for ages 5 and up, that teaches lessons about safety, bravery and self-reliance. In this Imaginary Theater Company of St. Louis production, a grown-up Gretel teaches her children to face challenges. While the play features a scary witch and spooky woods, it’s also full of music and funny antics. Sponsored by Southern Bank.
- Moscow Ballet performing “Swan Lake,” 7 p.m. April 29. The Moscow Ballet returns to the Tinnin Center with Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, revered as the epitome of classical ballet. The Moscow Ballet brings together the highest elements of the Bolshoi and Kirov Ballet companies in an independent company that stages exciting productions within the framework of Russian classic ballet. “Swan Lake” is the haunting story of Odette, a young maiden under a spell that turns her into a swan, and the prince she awaits to break the spell. It is a gripping tale of love, betrayal, and the triumph of good over evil. Sponsored by the Patrons of the Arts Society.
Season tickets, which include all six performances, are $50 and are available through Oct. 27; call 573-840-9527.
Tickets for individual shows are $10 each. Tickets will be available online at trcc.edu/tinnin. For two weeks prior to each show, tickets will be sold at the Poplar Bluff Chamber of Commerce, the Dexter Chamber of Commerce, and the Three Rivers College Business Office. Tickets will be sold at the door, as they are available.
For information on joining the Patrons of the Arts Society or sponsoring a performance, call 573- 840-9527.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.