Certain purchases like clothing, school supplies and computers will be exempt from sales tax for the three days in Missouri for the back-to-school sales tax holiday August 5 through August 7.
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
Section 144.049, RSMo, defines items exempt during the sales tax holiday as